We, The European Youth Information and Counselling Agency (ERYICA) is an independent European organisation, composed of national youth information co-ordination bodies and networks. It works to intensify European cooperation in the field of youth information work and services. It aims to develop, support and promote quality generalist youth information policy and practice at all levels, in order to meet the information needs of young people in Europe and to apply the principles of the European Youth Information Charter.
We work intensively with the Council of Europe, with the European Commission as well as with institutional, private and public stakeholders active in the field of youth.
ERYICA has moved, as of July 11th 2007, to Luxembourg after having been based in Paris for 19 years: as we have undergone a radical restructuring phase, we offer to you the possibility to support our Director in shedding thebasis of the future development of the Agency.
- you have preferably earned a university degree in humanities(philology, sociology, translation, communication, media, pedagogy,cultural studies…);
- you are able to write and speak in English at an excellent level;
- you are German-, French- or Luxembourgish native speaker;
- you are able to write and speak in a third EU language, preferably Spanish (Castellan);
- you are interested in youth policy development;
- you wish to work in an international environment;
- you are eager to pursue a career in international organisations;
- you are effective, efficient, result-oriented, ready to work under pressure if needed, though able to distribute your work-load in order to respect deadlines and agreed schedules and programmes;
- you have, preferably but not necessarily, previously worked in youth information;
- you like to analyse and to produce text;
- you want to learn how to take advantage of the new means of communication made available by “web 2.0”;
- you are an independent thinker yet a team worker, ready to take and bear responsibility; most important of all: you are a fast and zealous learner.
In close cooperation with the Director, and being mainly based in our headquarters in Luxembourg, you will
- finalise and work on the success of our PR & Communication plan;
- coordinate the project “infomobill.org” and its national editors;
- read and report on specialised youth policies publications;
- prepare our online newsletter (three editions / year);
- liaise with our member organisations and stakeholders in view of collecting and elaborating data on youth information practise in Europeand beyond;
- supervise upon the Agency’s publications, included the yearly report;
- enrich our website, via our brand new and user-friendly CMS system, with all relevant material, with special attention to the “projects”, “news” and “events” sections, also by translating its content in different languages;
- prepare grant applications to be submitted to our stakeholders in the European Commission and in the Council of Europe;
- design, write and manage projects;
- supervise to the European Voluntary Service project of the Agency;
- take over the duties of the Director, whenever needed, by terms of representation of the Agency and administrative responsibilities of the secretariat, especially when s/he is on mission;
- participate and work on international external and statutory events, namely meetings, conferences, seminars, study visits, training course,s etc.
We offer to you
- a maximum gross monthly salary of 2.100,00 EUR (actual amount to be fixed on the ground of qualifications);
- to enjoy the particularly advantageous tax- and social security system of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, applicable also if you are a commuter from neighbouring countries;
- after a first period, autonomy and trust in organising your work,
- provided the needs of the Agency and the guidance of the Director Please note: we are offering a full-time contract (40 working hours / weeks) for a determined time of 12 months, renewable.
Candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the email address
They should clearly indicate the date from which they can start to work.
Deadline for applications: July 21st, 2008
A short list of candidates will be contacted by July 31st, 2008 in order to set the next phases of the recruitment process.
For any enquiries and clarifications, the Director of ERYICA, Davide Capecchi, is reachable at the email address